Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 16, 2010

biscotti baking



Biscotti are my favorite cookies and now I don't make any other kinds. I love how they don't get stale unlike most other cookies. I have tinkered with these Almond Anise Biscotti and for my taste they are just right. This year I cut back on the eggs and refrigerated the dough overnight before baking and solved my problem of dough spreading out too much when baking.

The other photo is Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti from the SoNo Baking Company Cookbook. Two concerns here: the recipe doesn't call for vanilla or other flavoring (I added some vanilla); and it's a little tricky figuring out when they are done when you don't have the visual cue of golden brown tops.

2 comments:

  1. I can smell your biscotti baking all the way from Sarasota. Yummy! Good job and so pretty. I've been pumping out cookies, pumpkin bread and bourbon slushes on my end. Typical finds from this southern girl's kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bourbon slushes for Florida's lushes. hahahah

    ReplyDelete