Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

crafty



My daughter and I have made thank you cards. We used stamps from a set given by my great grandfather to my dad, probably in the 1920s so they are very old. I think they haven't been out of the box since Dad was a kid but the scuffed-up wooden box has been passed on to me. There are alphabets in different fonts along with numbers in different sizes and "lb" "per" "pair" "each"-- used by a shopkeeper I am guessing. One of my favorite stamps is the "AND" we used with our initials on the backside of the cards. Isn't the detail beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a lovely family heirloom for you and Kristina to experiment with together. Your Great Grandfather must be smiling down from heaven enjoying your fun and creativity.

    ReplyDelete